Hair Tips!

I loooove my hair and taking good care of it is key. I have SUPER thick wavy/frizzy/dry hair.

My tips are:

  • Do not wash everyday! Your natural oils are meant to be there, so let them! This will save you time and money in the long run anyway. PS. Hair is easier to style when its got some grease.
    • The trick to not having to wash everyday- train your hair. Honestly. Extend the time between washes once a day.  
      • Day 1- Wash hair
      • Day 2-  Put into a pony tail to hide grease
      • Day 3 - Wash hair
      • Day 4- Style as normal
      • Day 5- Put hair into a style that hides the grease
      • Day 6 - Wash hair
  • Do not blow dry. When I do wash my hair (once every 5-7 days) I wash it at night, blow dry my roots, then go to sleep. In the morning it is a tad more crazy but thats what a flat iron is for! Using to much heat on your hair will hurt it! And you do not want to hurt your hair.
  • I try not to flat iron or curl it everyday and if I do it is quick touchups. Not washing everyday helps this.
  • Good quality products where it counts. Don't buy super expensive products all the time thinking it will translate into the greatest hair ever. I do like the higher end products, so I buy them at Winners or when they go on sale, no need to pay high end prices. If budget is your style then just spend the extra dough on where your going to get the best return on your investment- conditioners, intense treatments and your main styling product (i.e. straitening cream). Here are my products:
      • Shampoo
        • Clarify shampoo by AG
        • Purple shampoo by AG
        • moisturizing shampoo by Kpak Joico
      • Conditioner
        • CurlySexyHair
        • Intense Moisture by Kpak Joico
        • Intense Conditioning Treatment by Aveda
      • Styling
        • Frizz Free styling cream by Herbal Essences
        • Be straight by Redken
        • Curl Cream by Bedhead
        • Volumizing Root Booster Chi
        • Dust it by Oasis (super volumizing, perfect for super backcombing)
        • detangler by Ojon
  • Never brush your hair when its wet- breakage, breakage, breakage. Use a pick. If your hair is unruly use a detangler first.
  • When creating up-dos, first put lots of volume all over (back-combing) it looks better and helps the bobby pins hold. It may look to big to begin with, but trust me, it will go down.
  • Braids have been in for the past couple seasons. Use them! They will help mask the grease and save you from flat ironing.
  • When trying to decide if you want to go said desired colour. DO IT! Life is to short to be so concerned and not have fun! I went from brown to blonde to black within a year. It was a process but I loved it!
Here is some tips from Lou Lou for winter hair blues:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review {Chi & Prosys}

Meal Preparation

Product Review: China Glaze Base & Top Coat