Essie Polish Naming Process

Ever wonder how Essie nail polishes get their names? Essie Weingarten (Yes, that Essie!) sat down with Fashionista to explain how she comes up with the brand’s signature labels, like “Jamaica Me Crazy,” “Trophy Wife,” and “My Place or Yours.” “I’ve named every polish up until now,” Weingarten said. “I have creative people help suggest names, and some of them are really good! But in the end, I decide,” she said. “I think about a moment, or something that inspires me, like a summer vacation. Sometimes it’s an irreverent play on words, a funny story, or theme. Ultimately, the names have to be memorable.” The brand’s latest collection includes colors called “Topless & Barefoot,” “Nice is Nice,” and “Kisses & Bises.” What’s your favorite Essie polish? Tell us in the comments!


http://news.instyle.com/2011/04/19/essie-nail-polish-names/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review {Chi & Prosys}

Meal Preparation

Product Review: China Glaze Base & Top Coat