DIY Tuxedo Vest

Hi Friends!

I got inspired on this DIY from the blog runwaydiy.com, definitely check it out.

I went to Value Village to pick up a men's blazer for this project and had quite the fiasco, you can read about it here.

Anywho, I was stoked to find a tuxedo jacket and it was only $14!


Supplies used:
Jacket
Thread
Needles
Scissors

I promptly went home and dud the following:

1. Washed it for obvious reasons.
2. Cut off the sleeves about 1.5 inches from the shoulder seam.This was really difficult and took a lot of thought because of the shoulder pads. I wanted to keep the pads and create a kind f point with them. Leaving that bit of fabric I could pull and pin it where I wanted to make it structured. That sounds harder than what it was.
3. Sew! I just did a quick and dirty hand stitch in here (on the inside of the jacket of course). Once for placement then twice more for reinforcement  By dirty I mean I didn't even take a picture to show you, because it is that embarrassing.
4. Wash again - Just to be sure.

Ta da!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review {Chi & Prosys}

Meal Preparation

Product Review: China Glaze Base & Top Coat