Nail Painting Technique


I should have shared this with you ages ago!

When I was on my way back from Dallas for the Superbowl weekend (I know right!?) I had a 7 hour layover in Seattle UGHHH. So perfect opportunity for a manicure at Butter London.

Now I am not a huge fan of manicures just because I cannot stand to have the same polish on for more than a day, two is pushing it. But when I spend a chunk of change to get my nails done, to make it worth it I feel as though I should keep it on for a long time, right? But I would not particularly recommend Butter London just because they do a dry manicure, which boils down to its really only a polish change but their are going to charge you for a manicure. Sure, fine, whatever I am on vacay!

Anyway, to the point, the manicurist did the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The first stroke she took with the brush was horizontally along the end/tips of my nail!

Being the nail OCD person that I am I had to investigate this technique myself. Almost 5 months later I am totally a believer. Here's why:

  • It prevents chipping. Seriously. It is like reinforced down there now.
  • More precision. You had having to much polish on the brush it globs on top or in the corners, but too little and your left streaky. Doing that initial swipe takes off the excess polish and allows you to get the brush all over and in the corners- evenly!
  • No gross ends. Sometimes by the time your brush gets to the end there is no polish then your left with gross streak/gaps/ I don't even know what.
  • less polish on the surrounding skin. Polish on the skin is usually caused by the excess polish on the brush being all over and uncontrollable. With it gone there are no worries!
  • My nails have never looked better. Period. 

Comments

  1. Love it! I am going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the waterless manicures! Less chance of getting any nasties and my cuticles look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review {Chi & Prosys}

Meal Preparation

Product Review: China Glaze Base & Top Coat