Revlon Matte Lipstick

I may be late on this train, but I figure you guys will appreciate me anyway.

I began an obsession with matte lipsticks a little while ago, after I had become even more obsessed with lipsticks of all shades and colours. Well, lipsticks in general, I had always been a lip gloss kind of gal until fairly recently. Guess I am growing up.

Matte I feel is a showstopper, mainly because it is so unexpected. Everyone is so used to gloss then BAM no gloss -- just a punch of colour. Yes matte lipstick is like a literal punch of colour.

With my expensive taste I decided on Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage.
 Why so bright you ask? I love lips now and want to make them the focal point.

Sadly, I am still only working part time so I could not justify the $32 price tag of my Nars friend. So I googled drug store brands and found great reviews on Revlon's matte lipstick. Off to Shoppers I went, talked to the cosmetics lady for a bit and after she so graciously answered my burning questions I bought it in Stormy Pink. Pictured in the middle.




Love, love, love it. It is not dry at all. The colour is a little lighter than I wanted and probably not as intense as the NARS one, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It is perfect. As the Shoppers cosmetician said, the colour went on true to what it looked like, so I may have to go back to try the red, no? Yes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review {Chi & Prosys}

Meal Preparation

Product Review: China Glaze Base & Top Coat